Re: [TenTec] TT Mega Sale

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT Mega Sale
From: Wade Staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 00:27:02 -0500
I see this as a chance for some who have limited funds or have been saving
for a while, to have their dreams answered early. In my case, it will be of
no help. American Companies have sales all the time. Yaecomwood, has sales
all the time. I bought my FT-897D for about 30% less than full retail.
While I am sure that Yaesu lost no money in the deal, The sale is what
motivated me to go ahead and make the purchase. Although the 897 has full
HF capability, we rarely set the band switch for other than 2 meters and 70
CM. Bought as a backup rig, in case the Ten Tec has issues. We have never
yet had to press it into service. And also, this has to be a limited sale.
The used prices should not be impacted for a long period of time. When did
Ham Radio become a money making business. We buy radio's here to talk on.
In the long time scheme of things, your precious resale values should not
be impacted that much. Bob/K4TAX, is very correct, Hams are Cheap. And if
we thought we could sell a few items that have been gathering dust around
here in time. There would be a New Eagle ... at least... sitting on my
operating desk this evening. Someone else would need to drive my car home
from Sevierville. Because the radio would be sitting in my lap ... all the
way home.... hi..hi...
And Yes, there may be something new coming down the line soon. This will
once again do me no good. I can however listen and read about all the cool
new features that we will have, in 10 years or so. While you folks are
enjoying the Ten Tec  2021 year model Applejack 5000, I will be looking at
my New to Me, Orion II and wondering, how in the world someone could trade
off such a Great Radio. Just my thoughts on this sale? It is a Great thing
that will get lots more people into the radio of their dreams. Lots more
Ten Tec enthusiasts in our ranks, making the value of your pre-owned gear
sell for more.... not less...
                                                73 from Wade/KJ4WS