Re: [TenTec] Scientific Proof (TS-590)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Scientific Proof (TS-590)
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 06:26:45 -0700
On 7/7/2014 5:31 AM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
As for K3LR and the ICOMs, well not all ICOMs have noisy transmitters.  But
the cheap ones do, including the 7600 - even though it is not cheap.  The
more expensive ones are better.

In addition, Tim, K3LR has a business relationship with ICOM, and I suspect, but do not know, that his radios are either free or cheap in exchange for the name value of the association. ICOM has been a "sponsor" of many DX trips, and that sponsorship is mostly, if not entirely, in the form of radios loaned for the event, in exchange for name value?

I asked a local EE who has been on those trips about the phase noise and click issue I was having with KE1B. When he learned that the rig was a 7600, he immediately responded, "That's the problem."

73, Jim K9YC