Re: [TenTec] On Noisy Transmitters

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] On Noisy Transmitters
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 07:14:48 -0500
Measurements were done on my personal TS-590. I repeated this test several times over a period of time and obtained near identical results. A 2nd TS-590 was being used at a Field Day site. It was noted by others that the noise increased on their receivers when the TS-590 was in transmit regardless of band or mode of operation. Coincidently, I did have my analyzer at the site and observed this unit during transmit. The results were almost identical to those of my personal radio. These radios were of different ages although no production lots or dates were noted. Rick has identified a similar occurrence and incident in Europe with one or more of these radios. Although likely not statistically adequate for the number sold, those reliably measured or evaluated show 100% of those show excessive spectrum noise when in transmit.

Under advice of council, I will not comment further, only to say that Kenwood has been notified and supplied my test results by certified mail some months ago. They have yet to respond.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>