Re: [TenTec] TT Mega Sale

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT Mega Sale
From: "R. Eric Sluder via TenTec" <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2014 09:22:52 -0700
Yep, all bands 1 - 100 watts.

Having 12 & 60 personally doesn't bother me either way.  However, from a market
expectation for full featured rigs (K2 when equipped with options has all bands
and is nearly the same size) Hams expect their radios to have all avail bands
(optional seems to be okay).

Anyway, the Argo VI seems to get top reviews (as expected).

I suspect it's hard for TT and maybe Elecraft to cram a lot into a single box
that is comparatively small in relation to their competitors.  The JA designers
have engineers dedicated to form factor because of their commercial radio lines
as well.  When you can dedicate engineers to silo'd tasks, bring knowledge from
one design into another; you usually get better results for the end product.

Eric
W9WLw

Sent from my iPhone