Re: [TenTec] TT Mega Sale

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT Mega Sale
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 11:02:40 -0700
On 7/4/2014 7:50 AM, R. Eric Sluder via TenTec wrote:
Of course this killed some of the value of my radios, but it is what it is!

Radios and houses should not be viewed as investments or objects of worship, but to use and enjoy. I buy the best quality stuff I can afford, buy it used when I can, and play radio. Currently, all the Ten Tec gear I own is used and 25-35 years old. Three Titan 425s, a Herc II. My total cost for the three 425s was half the cost of a new Alpha. I've gotten nearly ten years of use from the oldest, and nearly 8 for the other two. Why three? Two for SO2R contesting, a third as a spare for when something breaks.

73, Jim K9YC