Re: [TenTec] Rigs at WRTC

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Rigs at WRTC
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 17:17:28 -0500
Someone mentioned using the Eagle at multi station events such as Field Day. I can report that I used my Eagle at a Field Day activity this year. In summary, no issues were encountered. I certainly can't say the same for other radios on the site. The Eagle did not create any noise that affected other stations. In fact we were able to use the Eagle on 40M PSK-31 and have another station operate 40M CW at the same time. The stations were physically within 25 ft of each other, although antennas were separated a total of some 200 ft or so. We did not use bandpass filters on any of the stations.

Spectrally with the analyzer, I did observe the broad band noise noticeably increase every time a certain station transmitted. Once identified, the offending transceiver was put to the side, and a different brand/model was put in its place without further issues.

Many of the ops were very impressed with the performance of the Eagle in this environment.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de> To: "'Mike Stricker'" <info4mjs@yahoo.com>; "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2014 5:05 PM

If you were in Europe, you would quickly revise your priorities.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)