Re: [TenTec] Radio Comparisons

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Radio Comparisons
From: Jim Allen <jim.allen@longhornband.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 17:39:09 -0500
I started playing tuba 58 years ago, played in school bands all the way
through college, was the No. 3 tuba player in the Longhorn Band at Texas a
long time ago, worked my way through high school and college playing in
dance bands particularly polka bands... it almost became the 6 Fat Dutchman
and 1 Skinny Tuba Player.... and backed up Myron Floren at Wurstfest here
in the late '60's. I played in the Dixieland jam sessions in San Diego
where I lived for 45 years, and in the Coronado Community Band, and now I
play in the community band here in the hill country, as well as the
Longhorn Alumni Band as much as I can.

I have a restored to new Conn 20J that I played as long as I could (I have
pulmonary fibrosis and getting worse slowly) and a King 4 valve that I can
still handle some.  I can play the 20J still but it wears me out something
awful.  If you know someone that would like the "newest" 20J in the world
and give it a good home, put them in touch with me!!

73 de W6OGC  Jim Allen