[TenTec] BW and Eagle

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] BW and Eagle
From: John Henry <jhenry@tentec.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 09:20:15 -0400
Regarding Bandwidth.
Given that the Eagle has the "feature" to ignore the POT for BW if a CAT BW
command comes in, I suggest that you remove the BW set command from the ini
file for the Eagle. Just adjust it quick yourself on the rig front panel,
always. Not as convenient as N4PY control, but, it will still work.
I did prove this will work by removing the BW pot adjustment from my
Eagle.ini file.
(and running BandMaster as you suggested)

Now, mode, well, I see it always sends out *RMM0, regardless of the mode.
It might be my ini file, not sure, but will check it over a bit more. I
don't know if it is a bug in BandMaster itself, or what.
FYI, My Eagle.ini file does permit the digital U and L now, it just tells
the Eagle to put them into USB and LSB appropriately, which is the desired
mode for digital usage in the Eagle.

When I get a chance this week, I'll try to figure out if I have a mode
syntax error in the ini file, or if indeed it is always telling it omnirig
to tell the rig to go to mode 0, which is USB.

Stay tuned. Not done yet, but almost there.
And, fyi, I will call this a success in a few days either way. I have it
working frequencies and split very well.
Take care of the bw thing by not sending BW via the omni rig Eagle.ini file.
And hopefully I will have a fix for the mode issue.

Thanks, and 73,
John Henry, KI4JPL
TEN-TEC Engineering, a Division of RFConcepts LLC