[TenTec] BW and Eagle

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] BW and Eagle
From: John Henry <jhenry@tentec.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 18:24:07 -0400
(changed the title from blank to something followable (a word? lol))

Re Carls inputs:
-------------------------

John,

If the CAT program sends a BW of zero, that puts control back to the
pot.  I do that in my N4PY Orion program.  So each BW change, I follow
it with a zero BW.  So can you make the BW command actually be two
commands with the second one a width of 0?  I actually send "*RMF0 Cr"
after each BW setting.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549www.n4py.com

-------------------------

See, this is how you do it. Carl is correct, a BW command of 0 gives the
control back to the front panel pot.
If I can find a way to do that in the Eagle INI file, I will add it, if
not, well, then it is something that Win-Test users will just have to
understand, use the CAT program to adjust the BW period, and you CANNOT use
the front panel from then on. I'll confer with the omnirig author and see
if he has a suggestion on how to handle this peculiarity in the Eagle.

Thank you very much Carl for bringing that to everyone's attention, and how
a professional developer handled this in his control program. If others did
the same, we would ALL make great progress in these idyosychrosies of the
rigs. Of course, I could add an option to always allow BW control via POT,
but that is oddd.

All, understand something odd.
The POT is decoded in voltage steps.
Each voltage step is assigned a bandwidth.
If you have a voltage step set that means 1200hz selected.
Then use the CAT program to adjust down to 200hz.
Then want to skooch the bandwidth a bit narrower by using the front panel,
and just touch it a bit ccw, well, you will go from 200hz to 1000hz,
confusing the crap out of you... .Is that what you want?
That is why we did what we did, using a pot, right or wrong. When you
adjust via CAT command, we forget the pot, when you send a BW of 0 via cat
command, we re-enable the pot.

Thanks, and 73,
John Henry, KI4JPL
TEN-TEC Engineering, a Division of RFConcepts LLC