Re: [TenTec] Centurion and AM

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centurion and AM
From: bcarling@cfl.rr.com
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 16:43:10 -0400
I have read this through twice and still can't figure out what the point is
that you are making
- sorry - my bad!

I also have the two year AEET degree. Thanks to Georgia Tech. I haven't worked
on very
many commercial AM broadcast transmitters, but I understand a number of them
use
modulation methods that the expert hams find anathema, such as screen grid mod
or low
level mod. with a linear amplifier.

The transmitters don't worry about some 3 dB loss or other, they just do their
job, and are not
smart enough to go around looking worried! Hence my 422 is still not
complaining to me.