Re: [TenTec] [TenTec_Eagle] Re: Why is Eagle #2 on order?

To: "ac5aa@ac5aa.com" <ac5aa@ac5aa.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [TenTec_Eagle] Re: Why is Eagle #2 on order?
From: Michael OBrien <k0myw@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2014 11:48:02 -0700
At the risk of incurring the wrath of the moderator, let me just say that "3.2
beer" mainly is a legal technicality.

The big American brewers were reluctant to invest in returning to making beer
when Prohibition was lifted, for fear that the ban would be re-instated later.
So Congress declared that beverages containing 3.2 percent or less alcohol are
non-intoxicating. Therefore, should Prohibition return, breweries can continue
to manufacture and sell 3.2 beer.

I don't believe that brewers today make much, if any, distinction between 3.2
and 5 percent.

Back to Ten-Tec radios now....

de k0myw