Re: [TenTec] Omni VII Digital

To: <bcarling@cfl.rr.com>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VII Digital
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 23:12:40 -0500
The Omni VII does not have low gain. But it seems yours has a defective LINE INPUT. I can run mine at 25% and raising the level up on the computer I get 100 watts of data output, well into ALC range.

Sorry Brian, but from what you say, your LINE INPUT circuit is fried. This is also evident from your findings that it works OK with the FT857 but not the Omni VII. In doing a bit of research on the FT857D I find the audio levels for the two radios are very close to the same values.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: <bcarling@cfl.rr.com>