Re: [TenTec] 961 PS REPAIR / REPLACEMENT---WTB 961PS

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 961 PS REPAIR / REPLACEMENT---WTB 961PS
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 12:22:38 -0700
On Sun,9/21/2014 11:46 AM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX wrote:
The PIV rating on the original component is marginal.

This is one of Ten Tec's bad habits, going back as far as the late '70s when my Titans were designed. It doesn't take much to take out the discrete transistors in the keying logic boards. In two of my three Titans, I've had to replace most of them. When I did, I used parts in the same family with higher voltage ratings.

73, Jim K9YC