Re: [TenTec] Orion ll

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion ll
From: "Charles Strickland" <wa4oss@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 15:01:27 -0400
My ORION II has been in service since 06/07/06.  The battery has not been
replaced although this is a concern of late.  However I did have to replace
the capacitors on the power distribution board a couple of years ago.  While
the xcvr was out of svc I also put it back on freq as it had aged to about
40 hz off at 20 mhz.  It has continued to age in the same direction and now
needs to be corrected again.

I would be aware of the above while the xcvr is down for maint.

WA4OSS  --  Charles