Re: [TenTec] New Radios in the Future

To: John King <k5pgw@yahoo.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Radios in the Future
From: Wade Staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 09:37:15 -0600
*O.K. at age 60, call me an old fuddy duddy! I can see no reason to ever
bring a Computer or DX Cluster into use in my Shack. We get all of the
Contesting needed out of our system during Field Day Operations each year.
And if the Ops are not IDing properly? That is another good reason, Not to
use the Clusters/Computers. Although a good Logging Program works Great on
Field Day. I sort of consider it Cheating to have a Computer tell me to
Tune to XXXXX Frequency so that I can work any station. This is just my
opinion so please leave the Flame Throwers unlit and at your sides. But 24
hours of Search and Pounce at Field Day every year satisfies my need to
Contest. I would much rather spend my time meeting and talking to New
Friends, than collecting Call Signs and RST Reports. With Field Day being
the Exception.*

*                                      73 to All from Wade/KJ4WS*