Re: [TenTec] New radios in the future

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New radios in the future
From: "John F." <k4avx1@windstream.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 17:33:03 -0500
Ever since I saw the Hilberling Transceiver with different colored fronts available at Dayton several years ago, I have proposed that we go with the Chinese Wonder throwaway electronics idea of "Skins." If someone would fund this idea, I'd let
them use it for say, 15% of profits.

Basically, you get covers for any radio made, that come in the color or design
of your choosing.  This is definitely an untapped field in Amateur Radio.
Perhaps the time has passed, though.  Could have been great profits!

I, too, prefer a light panel with dark print.  The black boxes of consumer
gear are a big mystery to me, since I can't usually see the raised (only)
print.  Rubbing some white paint across it helps.

My 2 cents for LAST month.  ;>)

K4AVX
Message: 6