Re: [TenTec] OT: Progresso Soup

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Progresso Soup
From: K3GHH <k3ghh@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2014 09:39:17 -0500
Thanks for good comments, guys. I was glad to see from Karl KO8S, that I was not (quite!) alone, and Ken explained how the simple science, which is probably what appealed to us budding hams, could be an educational opportunity for young people.

I do not bother with obvious TV nonsense, like Walker in his cowboy boots round-kicking someone in the face (the loud "Whack!" proves he connected) but somehow there's never any blood, or infinite ammunition supplies. But the tin-can phone is the sort of science thing that fascinated some of us young boys back then and led us into careers in engineering or science, and into ham radio.

Here's the response:"Dear Valued Consumer: Thank you for contacting Progresso. We appreciate your comments regarding our advertising for our soup. Your opinion is important to us, and will be shared with our marketing and advertising staff. We hope you continue to enjoy our products. Sincerely,"

--John K3GHH