Re: [TenTec] OT: Progresso Soup

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Progresso Soup
From: Al Gulseth <wb5jnc@centurytel.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2014 08:55:38 -0600
Don't get me started - most people don't realize how much sleight of hand goes
into advertising in general. Without naming the time or place other than to
say it was quite some time ago, a window/siding etc. company did a "telethon"
on a TV station where I was a studio engineer. When the show went live I was
close to where the owner or manager of the company was sitting off-camera. He
picked up the phone and called the on-screen number. We could see the gal who
answered: when she realized who it was, he said "don't look surprised, just
talk to me like I'm a customer and you're setting up an appointment."

Guess they call that "priming the pump"....

73, Al