Re: [TenTec] OT: Progresso Soup

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Progresso Soup
From: "Tony Lelieveld" <va3dwi@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2014 18:24:17 -0500
John,

This brought back a lot of memories. As a youngster in the Netherlands we had built a "field telephone" system with a couple of old headphones, batteries and "carbon granules" microphones. We'd go to the beach and used the barbed wire on the Wooden posts as conductors. If we were lucky with no breaks and shorts in the wire we could communicate for several miles. The barbed wire fence was meant to keep people, read young unruly brads like us, out of the Dunes which had a very special type of grass that would grow in the sand and prevented it from erosion by the wind. The Dunes acted as a barrier between the North Sea and the lower lying lands further inland. Thanks for bringing this back.

73, Tony VE3DWI ex PA0MIH.

----- Original Message ----- From: "K3GHH" <k3ghh@arrl.net>