Re: [TenTec] Eagle 9MHz tap questions.

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle 9MHz tap questions.
From: "Gary - AB9M" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 12:49:36 -0600
Rick,

I have the N4PY sub-RX mod on my OMNI-VII with a FLEX-1500 with PowerSDR-2.5.3 with VAC for CWSkimmer feeding N1MM+ Bandmap, or PowerSDR-2.3.5 with VAC for WinWarbler 8.1.1 feeding SpotCollector. I use the panadapter of PowerSDR tune signals, check the noise floor, and determine S/N ratios on phone. Most any of the telenet DX-cluster or DXSpider feed software will QSY both radios.

I use different skins for the different versions of PowerSDR, (I chose to NOT upgrade beyond v2.5.3 as I have VAC and CWSkimmer working well with it) so that I have the visual clue as CWSkimmer requires the Direct I/Q output to VAC, while WinWarbler will not work if the Direct I/Q is output to VAC. So I switch versions when I switch modes; to change PowerSDR versions does not require much except to STOP then close the window (click on the X in the upper right corner), open a new version and START.

Regarding the holes; there may not be holes, but I do avoid calling on freqs where there are big signals. It works --- the local DX-pedition guys (FT5ZM, N9W, ZL8R, VP8ORK, and others) say that they hear me in the clear (sometimes its just 100 W and the HF-2V).

73 & DX,

Gary - AB9M
-----Original Message----- From: Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP