Re: [TenTec] Question about New Omni VII

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Question about New Omni VII
From: Steve Berg <wa9jml@frontier.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 12:32:04 -0600

I got my new Omni VII yesterday, and let it thaw out overnight. So far, I have discovered that it will not work with the Ten Tec power supply that has worked fine with the Corsair II for years. But it works fine with my Astron.

I am confused about one of the options. It has CWL and CWU operation. The last time I had to deal with this was when I was running my National NCX-5. I gather that it is the lower and upper sideband versions of CW, but what difference does this really make? Is one preferable over the other?

I have read the manual several times, and have managed to make a few contacts with it so far. After the Argonaut II, the Argonaut VI, and the Corsair II, I am not used to this sort of rig at all.

Help?

Steve WA9JML