Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec service

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec service
From: "R. Eric Sluder-W9WLW via TenTec" <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 13:02:45 -0800
Hi John:

I appreciate your willingness to exercise free speech, and I feel honored we
have such a privilege in this great country.  However, I would like to provide
some clarification around your unsubstantiated state of affairs report about
Ten-Tec that you have decided to share with everyone.  I obtained my
information by simply contacting Ten-Tec and asking, and below is my
interpretation of what was said to me.  I share this out of respect to all Hams
on this email reflector so they may understand the current state of business
that I learned of, and in fairness to Ten-Tec who works hard to provide the
radios we use.  I do not intend to imply in anyway that what you say is, or is
not correct, but instead only share the information that I have learned.

RMA
Ten-Tec implemented the RMA system to improve repair services.  They did this
because many times they would receive a radio with absolutely no information on
it and what they need to fix.  Customer calls later complaining... you get the
picture.  Nobody is happy because they spend hours trying to find out what
needs done to the radio, and the customer spends unneeded time waiting on the
radio.  Now - you get an RMA number to return the radio and you can refer to
that RMA number for any discussions with Ten-Tec about the radio.

Repair Dept.
Nobody has quit the repair department.  Of course nobody can confirm or deny
that someone wasn't having a bad day, but I am told repair operations are
working quite well now - post transition to being a division R.F. Concepts ,
and of course the physical move to another building.

Leadership
Ten-Tec has a President/COO and a Senior Manager overseeing all operations at
Sevierville location.  If you do not believe me, then you are welcome to
contact the most senior manager at Ten-Tec at 865-453-7172, or his email is,
jhenry@tentec.com if you prefer that method of communication.  That's right...
John Henry is the most senior manager overseeing Ten-Tec.  There is no local
CEO there except when the 'one' presiding CEO visits.  Why? One corporation
doesn't need two CEO's.  Instead, each division of R.F. Concepts has senior
executives in charge.  It sounds rather normal to me since I work for a
corporation that has multiple business divisions and each division is assigned
a senior executive accountable for that division.

So here is my challenge to anyone questioning the viability of Ten-Tec.  Please
ask a senior leader within the Ten-Tec organization.  I have given you a phone
number and an email to use so feel free to do so.  John Henry kindly explained
it to me and I am sharing it with you.

In closing, hang in there gang... Ten-Tec is still in business and I know this
because I just checked.  We may not hear from them daily, but it does not
indicate there is a giant crater in the ground in Sevierville.  I believe it
means they are busy designing, building and selling radios.

Be well & 73,

-Eric
W9WLW