Re: [TenTec] 238 Tuner Dial

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 238 Tuner Dial
From: demerson <74010.2230@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 10:55:58 -0700
There was a thread back in 2003 about replacing the elastic in the 238 tuner dial with a long, thin metal spring. This should not need replacing every few years, as is the case with the elastic. See the archives for around December 2003, in particular:
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/TenTec/2003-12/msg00205.html
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/TenTec/2003-12/msg00215.html
and other messages in that thread.

I recently replaced the elastic in my model 229 tuner (the same drive system as the 238) with elastic supplied by TenTec, but the next time the elastic needs to be replaced I intend to use a metal spring instead.

73
 Darrel, aa7fv.