[TenTec] Corsair II weak weak receive

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II weak weak receive
From: jon greenwood via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 02:40:28 +0000 (UTC)
Hope some of the good troubleshooters on here can point me in a direction. I
have a Corsair 2 that is very weak on receive. I have checked transistor
voltages on IF/AF board 80984, the Osc/mixer board 80975, and the RX mixer
board 80987. All seem good or very close to specs in manual, except Q6 on RX
mixer 80987.
 I am reading 11.5 volts on base emitter and collector in receive mode. In
Transmit these all read correctly base emitter and collector zero volts. I
replaced the 270pf cap C24 as well as C25 5-25pf variable cap. No change. I
removed the Q6 transistor and the radio receives exactly the same. I replaced
with a new transistor with no change. So my thought is a bad  a component
around Q6 but at this point I am stumped on what it is. I also checked D7 and
D8 pulling them off the board and just checking with my ohm meter. Flow in only
one direction on each so they seem good.
 Any thoughts/ test procedures would be much appreciated. I have a 100mhz
digital scope and an older Fluke DMM that I have to work with.
Questions/Thoughts? Jon N8MUS