Re: [TenTec] SDR's and TT (topic altered)

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] SDR's and TT (topic altered)
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 09:37:59 -0500
Rick, I understand your objection to the Maestro based on price but I find
it impressive from an engineering and user perspective.  Flex isn't after
the entry level, no doubt about that.  But I think it will prove to be an
enormously successful product.

Flex Radio was approached recently about opening up the Maestro API so that
it could be interfaced to an OpenHPSDR SDR.  I was happily surprised when
they responded that they would be willing to do it.  I hope it spurs the
development of even more "SDRs in a box" that are Maestro-interface-able
that will compete on performance and price with the Flex 6500/6700,
especially the 6700 (I NEED two receivers).  And to bring it home to
Ten-Tec, I sincerely hope that Ten-Tec will introduce a direct sampling hf
xcvr that will accommodate those of us who love knobs.  For the mid and
high-end, manufacturers MUST embrace DDC/DUC going forward or they will
simply be left behind in the market 5 years from now.

Barry N1EU