[TenTec] Corsair 2 to Hercules 2 Auto Bandswitching possible?????

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair 2 to Hercules 2 Auto Bandswitching possible?????
From: Fred <n8yx@neo.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 11:54:30 -0500
Jon,

I had a look at the schematics of both boards along with the internals of one of my C-IIs. The bandswitching scheme present on the Linear connector is fairly straightforward - nothing more than DC levels and a "+T" voltage - but finding a spot for the extra rotary switch hardware will be a bit more challenging. The C-II's PA lowpass filter area looks to be the best place for an extra switch wafer. One will have to remove the stock switch shaft and fit a slightly longer replacement in order to engage the new wafer.

Given the RF in the area, the switch assembly and cabling should be shielded. Mounting the wafer to a shield enclosure which is in turn fastened to the main chassis will address the indexing problem as it can be positively referenced.

There's the matter of opening up a hole on the back panel for the Molex connector but that's what nibbling tools are for.

The most costly portion of this project will be the time someone will have in it. Does any list member have a reference for the type of switch wafers which Ten-Tec used for the band switch? If not, a generic 12-position, 30-degree index unit could probably be substituted.

73 - Fred, 'YX