[TenTec] Switched audio filters

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Switched audio filters
From: Tim <tim@ke4ke.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 12:03:01 -0500
Hi Rick,

Our paths have been similar except that I switched from the technical side of radio to the technical side of TV in 1998. I think the last time I worked at the chip level was for an automation system for a radio station in the mid 80s. I found the 7407. It would let me use a logic gate to switch +28 volts with out having to use a relay. Saved the station $100 each time I used one since I didn't have to buy the part from the automation company.

I copied the 208 filter as well, even etched the pc board. I wired it for the 515 and gave it to my Dad for Christmas one year. I have that filter, but I know the chip isn't made anymore. I would guess that an ordinary audio op amp would work. So yeah we can see what someone else might suggest.

By the way, apparently I bought an Idiom Press Scaf-1 several years ago. I have the receipt which I have sent to them, but never received the filter. One review I read though suggested that the NE QRP <http://newenglandqrp.org/store> club's filter was much better and half the price. It's very close to the original price for the 208. 60 Hz is much better than 450 Hz so the NEScaf may be a nice thing to add to an old QRP rig.

Tim
KE4KE