Re: [TenTec] Come On Guys

To: k9yc@arrl.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Come On Guys
From: shawn via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 13:24:14 -0400
Being less than 40 means I went through the education system post-metric, and
metric was taught. What did not occur was any place outside the classroom to
use metric.

Personally I think in inches, gallons and miles. I know the conversion factors
and change units as necessary. I at one time tried to get myself to think
metric by converting my bicycle speedometer to km, but found I just converted
everything to miles instead.

I still think highway exits should be done in km and not miles. Too much cost
to change now, but it would have been an easy way to gain familiarity with what
a km is.

shawn kb1ckt

Sent from my iPad