Re: [TenTec] Come On Guys

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Come On Guys
From: Gary J FollettDukes HiFi <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 16:35:58 -0500
Well, a little fairy tale never hurt anyone.

There is no justifiable reason for the USA to remain with the antiquated BSA
standard.

However, in reality, there is, sadly, some portion of the population that
thinks the fact that the rest of the world uses the metric system is the reason
why we should NOT use it.

That would be admitting that someone outside USA has a better idea.

Believe it or not, there are even folks here who rant about an occasional
roundabout on the roadways, when they are the very most efficient way to move
traffic, far better than our old stand by, the 4 way stop sign, whose only
purpose is to impede traffic flow equally in all directions.

Let’s see how simple this is: inches can be either divided by tenths, thousands
and millionths etc., or 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, and so on. Then there are 12
inches per foot. Three feet to the yard. 5280 feet to the mile (unless you are
talking nautical mile (6070 feet).

Certainly the metric system is much more difficult - 1 micron, 1 mm, 1 cm, 1
dm, 1 m, 1 km and so on… pretty tough math!!!

Gary