Re: [TenTec] Come On Guys

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Come On Guys
From: Richard Tschur <richard.tschur@schieb.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 10:24:02 +1000
Just want to put my 10 cents worth in here too!
Has anyone of you ever had a contact on 27.55905512 inches?? Or even on 262.4671916 feet?? Or we could call it 70cm or 80m. Much easier! I'm a german, living in Australia and my back"yard" is big enough, to put up an 80m loop, even though I have only 2 feet! I never really understood, how someone can measure anything easily or calculate in 5/16th or in /32th??? A cm is a cm and it usually consists off 10 mm. A lot of older people here in this country do use the imperial system and everytime they talk to me in imperial measurements, I tell them "and now please in proper numbers", as I can't get my head around that stuff. Way too complicated and awkward. And yes, there are people who weigh themselves in Stones! So how is that then? I weigh about 95 Kg (which is way too much) and that in stones would be 14.95993922. Maybe one could say 14 stones and a few pebbles ;-))! And as for roundabouts, as they are called here in VK,they are very useful and also fairly easy to figure out! If I want lets say (we, driving on the wrong side),want to turn left at the first exit, I of course have to be in the left lane to do so, otherwise I would crash into someone, who might go straight, to take the second exit, if that makes sense. So it is not really rocket science,but especially here in VK, where you basically get your licence in a Cornflakes Box, you can experience interesting situation. But overall, I guess it is not a bad thing. And for a laugh, here in Melbourne, we have a hook turn!! If you want to turn right on certain streets, you have to wait on the far left, in the middle of the intersection and when when the road you want to enter gets a green light, then you are allowed to turn. Not being rude, but if I imagine you guys in the states have trouble with a round about, just imagine that!!! I'm sure there is videos of a "hook turn" on youtube. And apart from all that, this here being a TenTec forum, I can't wait to see Ten Tec back up on top of Sherwood's list again and show all the doubters, that Ten Tec is alive and will be stronger than ever! I'm sure, we will see a proper new website soon, with lots of new stuff to come. To Mike Dishop and the Ten Tec team, I have faith in you and I know you will show all the competitors once again how it is done!!!

And one other small thing, without being racist or stepping on people's toes, but knowing American's are all so patriotic, how is it, that soo many people over there use Japanese radio's and drive Japanese cars??? Never really understood that......

Anyway, enough from here.
All of you have a nice week:-))!
Richard VK3KVK/DK3KVK