Re: [TenTec] Come On Guys

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Come On Guys
From: Gary J FollettDukes HiFi <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 00:04:53 -0500
Tony, that’s WAY too simple. You should have to use a non-integer conversion
factor for every range change to be really in touch with the BSA standards!!!!

Heaven forbid one could keep track of measurements over 24 orders of magnitude
or so using only a simple movement of a decimal point to move through the full
range from atomistic dimensions (femptometers, Angstroms, nanometers, microns,
millimeters, centimeters, meters, kilometers) through astronomical dimensions
(light years in kilometers per second).

How silly is that?

I’d MUCH rather keep track of micro inches, inches (and 16ths thereof), feet,
yards, miles and astronomical units with no rational numerical relationship
between any of the units! So much more sensible…

I think there are still some people who think you can calculate a square root
using Roman Numerals…

I wonder how one would work with logarithms using Roman Numerals?

Try it sometime… It’s a hoot! And not far from the BSA standard in terms of
sensibility...

Gary