Re: [TenTec] Come On Guys

To: Ten Tec Reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Come On Guys
From: Reed Krenn <reed.krenn@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 13:13:04 -0400
Just to keep it "on topic", be sure to hang up the mike of your Ten Tec
mobile rig before navigating any roundabout or rotary!

Safety first!

Reed / WW3A
On Apr 26, 2016 13:08, "Mike Rioux" <mike@rioux.org> wrote:

In Massachusetts they are called "merry go rounds of death".
Mike w1usn

Sent from my shoe phone

> On Apr 26, 2016, at 12:53, Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue,4/26/2016 9:33 AM, Ron Notarius W3WN wrote:
>> I don't get it.  What's the big deal about roundabouts?
>
> I first encountered them as a tourist in EU. Once you understand how they
work, they are quite easy to navigate (Except in the UK, where those crazy
people drive on the wrong side of the road.) :) and can greatly improve
traffic flow. Their only downside is that they take up more real estate,
which makes it difficult or impossible to add them to existing
intersections in developed cities and towns.

> In general, they are FAR superior to a red-yellow-green traffic light or
multiple stop signs at busy intersections. Here in Santa Cruz, a roundabout
built a few years ago turned that intersection from block-long backups to
smooth flow limited only by adjacent red-green lights on the roads entering
and leaving the roundabout.