Re: [TenTec] Come On Guys

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Come On Guys
From: Carter Grabarczyk <k8vt@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 16:27:53 -0400
On 4/26/2016 12:33 PM, Ron Notarius W3WN wrote:
  I don't get it.  What's the big deal about roundabouts?

Well, the big deal is -- they are dangerous. People don't know how to use them. Ironically, about an hour or so after I made the original post I had to do an errand, which took me through a roundabout. Couldn't get through because of the fire truck, ambulance and police cars that were there mopping up an accident that happened a bit before I got there. Other than being dangerous, I guess they are fine.

73

PennDOT made a big fuss about taking one out, at the end of one of the bridges,
a few years back.  IMHO, it made navigating the traffic pattern much harder,
especially during rush hour or after sporting events.

Boy, you'd think they were installing one in front of Ten Tec HQ or something...
73

On 04/26/16, Carter Grabarczyk wrote:

On 4/25/2016 5:35 PM, Gary J FollettDukes HiFi wrote

  >Believe it or not, there are even folks here who rant about an
occasional roundabout on the roadways, when they are the very most
efficient way to move traffic, far better than our old stand by, the 4
way stop sign, whose only purpose is >to impede traffic flow equally in
all directions.

Well then, I guess you have to count me as one of the Luddites that fear
and detest the roadway roundabouts.

The best analogy I can come up with is that they are the first cousins
to the Figure-8 races and Demolition Derby at the local dirt track.
Around here, you take your life in your hands every time you use one.

73,
Carter K8VT