Re: [TenTec] Mike Element

To: wb5jnc@centurytel.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Mike Element
From: Gary J FollettDukes HiFi <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 11:04:36 -0500
if one MUST use any sort of abrasive cleaning, one can use plastic polish or
Chrome polish on a Q tip to polish contacts.

However, I agree with Al, the dark coloration on contacts is not a cause of
failure because both the sulfides and oxides are conductive. The organic stuff
on contacts causes erratic operation and organic cleaners are the “solution”.

Salt is another matter, however. In the case of salt corrosion, the
aforementioned polishing compound is a decent solution.

Gary