[TenTec] which power supply setup?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] which power supply setup?
From: denton sprague <denton@oregontrail.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 10:01:26 -0700
which power supplies are the most rugged and safest? I have couple of TT rigs
and assorted other equipment in the shack.

Have a commercial grade sine wave ups feeding the shack and assorted other
equipment and serves as the nerve center of this qth.

Running each hf rig on its own Astron ss30 switching power supply plus a 3rd
that feed assorted stuff. RFI from those little power supplies are not a
problem as long as the dc lines are well choked. I use those clamp on ferrite
chokes for that.

Also have a 50 amp astron linear heavier than heck power supply that could do
the same job.

I like the light weight and size of the little switching supplies, but have
some reservations of their ruggedness.

Any observations?