Re: [TenTec] which power supply setup?

To: "k9yc@arrl.net" <k9yc@arrl.net>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] which power supply setup?
From: Clayton Brantley via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 22:42:59 +0000 (UTC)
Well said Jim.  I just do not want to contribute to the trash on the air.
I use an old GE repeater supply that has a battery charger and relay toprovide
power when the local power drops out.  I did add my ownpass transistor ckt and
crowbar that keeps the output near 13.8 volts.
Without the battery. it was near 16 volts and that's just a bit too high.
I'm looking at some of the newer caps to see how they would work here.
73 Clayton N4EV