Re: [TenTec] which power supply setup?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] which power supply setup?
From: Gary Follett <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 16:37:34 -0500
Actually there is already work going to implement super capacitors even up to
the point of powering cars. They are more durable and generally less toxic in
terms of materials.

A 1 Farad capacitor (two in series) served as the battery backup in Panasonic
VCR's as long ago as 1984.

You would need a LOT of 1 Farad capacitors to do useful work, but super
capacitor technology is moving at a fast pace.

Gary

W0DVN

Sent from my iPad