Re: [TenTec] The New TenTec

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] The New TenTec
From: Jim Allen <jim.allen@longhornband.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 14:36:23 -0500
I have the impression that sissies don't often go into the ham radio business,
and if they do, don't last very long.

Trying to break into a market from scratch is tough, especially when you see
the rusting hulks of others who have tried it on all sides.

Do you start from scratch, no name, no reputation, just some ideas you think
might work, or do you find and try to resurrect one which was very good but has
fallen on hard times and try to springboard from that?

It's daunting either way.

Look at Wayne and Eric.  After 18 years of relentless effort, they have become
an overnight success.  Their radios are in the shacks of thousands and
thousands of serious, dedicated, well heeled contesters and DXers, and are used
on virtually all major DXpeditions.  Wayne Burdick had a track record of well
received designs of QRP gear.  I have no idea whether they have made any money
or not.

73 Jim Allen W6OGC
Sent from my iPad