Re: [TenTec] "Semi-CAT" for analog* TT rigs (was Re: Corsair II PC Inter

To: wb5jnc@centurytel.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] "Semi-CAT" for analog* TT rigs (was Re: Corsair II PC Interface)
From: Steve Ellington <steven4lq@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2016 23:11:24 -0500
This is a great approach.

Imagine a black box, programmable to supply VFO RF to drive any desired
retro transceiver plus a USB interface and software capable of emulating a
popular rig recognized by most logging programs. You would program the box
with the conversion scheme and offsets used by your radio. Possible other
goodies might include memory channels and a keyer for starters.

This shouldn't be very expensive and would enable our favorite rig to
function in today's computer environment.

The next level option could include a panadapter with a video monitor port.
I've been playing with this idea on my Corsair II and by using the SDRplay
receiver and taping into the output of the first mixer I'm seeing about 40
khz on the screen however due to how things are converted, my display is
flipped so I'm seeing higher frequencies to the left of center.

Question: Would this sell? I for one would be glad to pay $1,000 for such a
device.

Steve N4LQ