Re: [TenTec] Omni VI off frequency

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI off frequency
From: Steve Ellington <steven4lq@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 22:24:19 -0500
John
I keep seeing examples of this and so far I have not seen an easy cure.
I can warn you however....If you start messing those crystals and
attempting to "peak up the coils" you risk upsetting the VCO lock and
before you know it your frequency is jumping all over the place. Those
crystals change frequency over the years and the VCO is supposed to pull
them back on frequency. The VCO is locked with the master CPU oscillator.
Feel fortunate that it still works at all. I believe TenTec has totally
quit working on them. Personally I consider them EOL....End of Life.
Let us know if you discover a fix.
73
Steve N4LQ