[TenTec] The next new Dayton?

To: "TenTec@contesting.com" <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] The next new Dayton?
From: Rich Jones via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 16:34:52 +0000 (UTC)
De Rich K8UV

   - The most exciting ham radio event to ever hit Michigan has been scheduled
for October 7 & 8,2017 at Michigan International Speedway (MIS) near Brooklyn,
Michigan.MIS is located in the vacation area of Southeastern Michigan known as
the Irish Hills. The racetrack is the home of two NASCAR races each year (June
& October) and other non-racing events and is near major highways and air
transportation. The facility is comprised of 1400 acres in the rolling hills of
SE Michigan.The entire event will be held in the infield of the 2 mile track
with lots of asphalt surfaces in the pit area. We have 22,500 square feet of
indoor area for commercial vendors and a huge paved area for flea market space.
All types of camping on site are available (tents to pop up campers to fifth
wheels to full blown motor homes) with 24 hour security services. Medical
personnel will be on site during the entire event for your safety. The facility
will be open on Friday, Oct 6 for vendor load in and set up. Load out will be
on Sunday, Oct 8) at the close of the event. All activity should be complete by
2100 Sunday evening.Food services will be available and ticketing will be
available electronically. There will be a complete complement of commercial
vendors and many forums and workshops, including a ham in a day class taught by
Dan, KB6NU. This class will be followed by a VE session which will be open to
anyone interested in testing for a new license or an upgrade.There are a great
number of details that are still in the process of being developed. We are
assembling our team to plan and operate the HamCon in conjunction with
participating amateur radio clubs in roughly a 50 mile radius of the track. Our
organization is the Great Lakes Amateur Radio Association, which will be a 501
(c) (3) non-profit corporation. Our website is www.glhamcon.org and we are on
Facebook as Great Lakes Ham Convention and our Twitter ID is GLHamCon. All of
our social media is in the process of being developed and will be fleshed out
as things develop. Scott Westerman, W9WSW is heading up our Social Media
efforts.