Re: [TenTec] Century 21 audio hum

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Century 21 audio hum
From: Josh Gibbs <gibbsjj@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 14:34:15 -0700
Hi Howie,

I opened up the plug on my phones (housing unscrews on this one, other
plugs might not), unsoldered the wire that was connected to the 'tip'
terminal, and put the resistor between that tip terminal and the wire that
I unsoldered.

I just used some test leads to clip in different value resistors when I was
figuring out the best resistor value.

Is your C21 the Digital or Analog version? How many Ohms are your
headphones? You don't hear any loud humming with the phones plugged in and
the audio turned down all the way?

-Josh WA7FPV