Re: [TenTec] Century 21 audio hum

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Century 21 audio hum
From: Josh Gibbs <gibbsjj@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 14:49:25 -0700
Hi Stuart,

I know that I can test the diodes, but getting the power board out for
testing is a lot of work. I would definitely do it if I suspected the
bridge rectifier, which is why I asked about symptoms of a bridge rectifier
that has an open diode. I would think an open diode would be noticeable
when looking at the ripple? I don't have any experience with this - I tried
searching for this and most stuff I found said it would act like a 1/2 wave
rectifier -- ripple would be 60 Hz.

Appreciate the help!

73,

-Josh WA7FPV