Re: [TenTec] notch filter for Eagle?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] notch filter for Eagle?
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 12:26:25 -0700
On 7/20/2017 10:48 AM, Michael Tortorella wrote:
There is a router about 6 feet away from the laptop/xvcr setup and I
am using Ethernet cable (wired) connection to it.

Remember that coupling is between those cables and the antenna you're using to RX, so what matters is proximity between the noise source and the RX antenna.

If the noise is coupling into the radio with no antenna, the radio has a Pin One Problem (a connector with a cable shield that isn't bonded to the chassis at the point of entry, but instead goes to the circuit board). This is a VERY common design error, and is present on every ham rig I've seen, including Ten Tec, Elecraft, and Flex. ANY cable connected to the rig can be a path for RF trash into the rig, not just antenna cables. ALL of those RCA connectors on the back of my old Omni V have this defect.

73, Jim K9YC