Re: [TenTec] century 22

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] century 22
From: Dukes HiFi <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 16:07:26 -0600
Whoda thunk???

The C21 was a superheterodyne with a 5.0 to 5.5 MHz wide IF stage, fed by the
RF input and the crystal oscillator for each band, and a product detector on
the AF board that uses the VFO as the “BFO” to carry out product detection. It
is NOT direct conversion.

I had always assumed that the C22 was a repackaged C21 with digital display.
WRONG!

It is indeed a direct conversion radio. It premixes the PTO with the crystal
oscillator for each band and shoots the result (which is right on the revive
and transmit frequency) right into a mixer which direct detects signals, then
on to the AF stage! What a downgrade compared with the C21!

WHAT A DOWNGRADE TT made to produce the C22!

If you have a choice, get a C21!

Gary

W0DVN