Re: Topband: KH6ZM Pileup and Operating Manners

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: KH6ZM Pileup and Operating Manners
From: zl3ix@inet.net.nz
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 18:56:40 GMT

> P.S. I wonder how many besides myself seriously believe that we should do
> something to curtail and/or attenuate computerized spotting. They are
definitely
> causing more harm than good.

>From a low population area my opinion is that spotting enhances my enjoyment
>of
the hobby, especially over the past few years of bad propagation.  If you know
who is on a freq, you can judge whether there is prop or not.

For example last night, when I could not hear the 8R1 (spotted) I knew I didn't
have prop to the carib area.

The other alternative would be a world wide beacon system, but we don't have
one of those.

73, Greg,
ZL3IX