Re: Topband: KH6ZM Pileup and Operating Manners

To: Top Band List List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: KH6ZM Pileup and Operating Manners
From: Steve Lawrence <smlx@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 12:28:19 -0800
On Feb 19, 2004, at 12:01 PM, Tom Rauch wrote:

All QSK or VOX does is
allow the people calling to check to be sure they are still the last one.

Tom - If we set aside the last man standing types and the alphabet impaired, with QSK you can usually hear when the DX replies and instantly stop sending. This cuts QRM and increases your ability to find the "spot." I would encourage everyone to use QSK. It's too bad the there's no equivalent for phone.

As already pointed out, the bottom line is that the conduct of the pile is most often determined the DX.

73, Steve WB6RSE