Topband: Broadband vertical

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Broadband vertical
From: "Barrie Smith" <barrie@centric.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 20:24:05 -0600
Hello All:

I'm moving ahead with my plans to shunt feed a tower, and have it functional by
next fall.

A question occurs about how much of the 160 meter band can be covered when
shunt-feeding.

While my primary intent would be to work a bit of DX on the low end of the
band, I have various groups that I like to rag-chew with well up the band.

Is it possible to design a matching unit (perhaps a bit complex) that will
cover most of the band (possibly augmented with an in-shack antenna tuner)?

TNX.

Barrie, W7ALW