Topband: Shunt fed tower question

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Shunt fed tower question
From: "Mike Brown" <mike@k9mi.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 15:19:15 -0000
My tower is just 40' high, with a TH3, 10 ft of mast then a 17 ft Comet
UHF/VHF antenna on top of the mast. Is a shunt  tower out of the question?
My lot is also small at 50 x 130, with a detached garage taking up 25 x 25
in the back yard. I have used resonant dipoles with the zig zag approach, a
1/4 wave inv L  that did some zigging and zagging and it did have an SWR of
2:1, but I would only need around 70 ft, maybe even less, of coax. The last
plan I've had is to put un another inverted L, with a loading coil just
after it starts going horizontal. Without much in the way of room, my radial
system will use only around 15 radials, only 50ft in length. I need to quit
procrastinating and get something done before Friday evening.

Suggestions?

Thanks... 73, Mike K9MI