Re: Topband: Window Yes! -penalized in contest !

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Window Yes! -penalized in contest !
From: "Mike & Coreen Smith" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 16:06:50 -0400
I am torn on the overall DX window debate, however the point I wished to
emphasize earlier was only this:

*IF* the sponsor of the contest says "no domestic QSO's in the 1830-1835 DX
window", then there should
be repercussions for doing so.  We all know this means no W/VE to W/VE QSo's
or EU-EU, or JA-JA QSO's there.

Relatively locally there is a  160m MEGA station who does in fact make lots
of non-DX QSO's in a relatively quiet "dx window" with absolutely no fear of
doing so, as there are zero risks (ie: he is not disqualified., not have any
points been deducted
from his score.)

Gentlemans band?

VE9AA